KIDPIX LIMITED, trading name KidPix (“Company” or “We”) respects your and your child’s privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.kidpix.uk(“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website;
- in email, SMS/text messages that you have opted in to, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
Information We Collect.
The information we collect from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your experience with our service. All information collected is stored in the WorldPress database and is backed up in the server.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including but not limited to your name, postal address, email, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your purchase history; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information in various ways, including:
Information You Provide To Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or provide in other ways, such as the URL you accessed the Website from, the URL you visit when you leave our Website, browsing behavior, and any information you enter through surveys, chats, forms or other means of interaction. We use the information to respond to your requests, customise your shopping experience, improve our service, and communicate with you. We may also:
- Ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Maintain records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Obtain information from your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Maintain information related to details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Collect information based upon your search queries on our Website.
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our services. We use this information to get insights on how people use our services, so we can make our services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
- Interactions with Other Users’ Sites: We collect some information about your interactions with other users’ sites while you are logged in to your account with us, such as your “Likes” and the fact that you commented on a particular post, so that we can, for example, recommend posts we think may interest you
SMS/Text Messages: We reserve the right to contact you via SMS/text message to collect payment in the event the credit card or other form of payment is declined, or to remind you of a late payment. When you consent to receive promotional material and other marketing information from us via SMS/text messages, we collect and use your contact information for the purposes of fulfilling your request. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your account through another service (like Google) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service (like Twitter) through our Publicize feature, we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorisation procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorise and any options that are available.
Who we share your Personal Data with.
The table below describes who we share your Personal Data with, what we share and why we share it.
We may share your Personal Data with other Controllers (i.e., people who can use the relevant data for their own purposes), as well as Processors (i.e., people who use the relevant data only on our behalf and under our instruction).
|Recipients||Why we share it|
|Partner brands and boutiques (as our Processors)||So that they can fulfil your order, we need to give your delivery information to boutiques whose products you purchase.|
|Advertising technology providers (as independent Controllers)||Advertising technology and analytics providers collect this Personal Data via this Site so that they can make sure that you see the most relevant content based on how you browse the Site and other pages on the internet.|
|Our payment processors (as independent Controllers)||We engage third parties to process your payments for products purchased via the Site.|
|Our delivery management platforms (as our Processors)||These third parties prepare the labelling and packaging information that we get our boutiques to use to send you your orders.|
|Our other Service Providers (as our Processor)||
We engage certain other third parties to provide elements of the services or to improve your experience on the Site. Here are a few examples of the types of things these third parties might be engaged to help us with:
* Providing customer support services.
* Helping confirm your delivery address.
* Helping us send out marketing messages.
|Our Hosting Provider (as our Processor)||We outsource the hosting of the Site. This means that all categories of Personal Data that we process will be held and stored on the servers of our hosted service provider|
|HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities (as independent Controllers)||Authorities may require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.|
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and when we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
A client can be considered a client for a period of up-to 5 years so we only store the data collected for a maximum period of 5 years.
Security Of Information
We work to protect the security of your information during order transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts order information you transmit. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, the Company cannot ensure the security of any information you provide, and you do so at your own risk. Once the Company receives your transmission, we will make reasonable efforts and comply with industry practices to ensure its security on our systems. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log off after using a shared computer.
We do not store any credit card information on our Website or servers, but if you elect to save your credit card data, it is stored with an industry standard CIM service such as Stripe, Paypal, or others that are officially PCI compliant (a standard for payment, credit card and data security).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
|Processing Purpose||Why do we do this||Our legal basis for this use of data|
|To provide the Services||
This processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of services. This includes:
* Managing orders and returns (including processing payments and refunds through our payment processor).
* Passing your information to Partner brands boutiques for them to process your order.
* Providing customer support.
*Setting up and managing your account on the Site.
*Providing any other elements of the KidPix services to you.
Legitimate interests (where you make an order for someone else) – we have a legitimate interest in processing the Personal Data of the recipient of your order for the purposes of performing the agreement we made with you.
|Saying sorry||If something goes wrong with an order or a product is out of stock, we may want to use one of our partners to send you a cookie to say ‘sorry’.||
We have a legitimate interest in trying to maintain a good relationship with you in the event that something goes wrong with your order.
|Insights||We record a small percentage of Users’ sessions on the Site to identify issues with the user journeys to ensure the quality of service.||
It is in our legitimate interests that we are able to monitor certain user journeys to ensure that we can develop and improve the features and functionalities of our Site.
We use a third party called Hotjar to perform this processing purpose on our behalf.
If you want to opt-out from Hotjar collecting this insight information at any time, you can do so by following the instructions on this Hotjar opt-out page.
We have a legitimate interests in creating Aggregated Data to use and share for our own business purposes.
|Compliance, fraud prevention and safety||
We use your Personal Data as we believe necessary or appropriate to:
* Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the use of the platform;
* Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others;
*Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorised, unethical or illegal activity
Compliance with Law – this will be the case where we have to carry out any of these processing activities in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Legitimate Interests – it is in our legitimate interests to be able to take appropriate steps to ensure that our services are legally compliant, free of fraud and safe for you, us and our Boutiques to use.
|Trouble shooting||To track technical issues that might be occurring on our Site or relating to our services.||
It is in our legitimate interests that we are able to monitor and ensure the proper operation of our Site and associated systems and services.
|Security||To keep our Site, together with associated services and systems, operational and secure.||
We have a legitimate interest in ensuring the ongoing security and proper operation of our Site, together with associated IT services and networks. This may include ensuring that we are protected from automated spamming, crawling, scraping, denial-of-service attacks and similar operations.
|Marketing||We use this information to prepare and send you marketing communications relating to products and boutiques that we think you might be interested in.||
We have a legitimate interest in providing you with updates on our Site and related offers where you have purchased or shown interest in similar services from us
Third Party Websites
As you browse the Website, advertising cookies may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with the Website. The techniques our advertising partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Data.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where we are relying on a Legitimate Interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sending Data Outside Of The EEA
We do not knowingly send data outside of EEA unless specifically instructed to do so by a client.
How To Complain
If you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information, please let us know email@example.com